Friday, February 22, 2013

Art Thoughts

What makes you unique as an artist? 

That is a great thing to know about yourself and your work. 

Sometimes when we see the great work of other artists we can begin to question our own ways of doing things. 

While self appraisal is always valuable, it's more important to maybe take a bit here and there from the artists you admire. Rather than slavishly emulate their styles.


Fisherman by M Francis McCarthy

If you read yesterdays post; I wrote about creating art from your heart. I said that being a unique artist is your birthright as you express your deepest inner vision.

Hey, here's some home work for you. Draw or paint something today completely out of you imagination. You might be surprised at whats in there.

A bit about today's drawing. Not sure if I posted this drawing already, but if I did it was way lower rez than this. I did this back in 88 or so. I'm still super happy with it as it's got great contrast, style and a neat creature.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment